Resale & Distribution
SNF, Inc. is the division of SNF Holding Company that represents our indirect channel to the market. SNF, Inc. promotes the sales of our products through resellers and distributors into a wide variety of markets that have the need for water-soluble polymers. No matter the size of the customer, SNF, Inc. strives to assist our customers in meeting their business objectives by addressing their needs and providing our resale/distribution partners with the highest quality products and services at the most competitive price.
SNF, Inc.’s resale and distribution network spans across the following industries:
- Water treatment (potable, industrial boiler/cooling)
- Wastewater treatment (municipal, industrial)
- Mining and mineral processing
- Oil & Gas
- Erosion Control
SNF has more than 1,100 products available for our resellers and distributors to choose from for their specific application needs. These products are produced at 23 manufacturing sites around the globe. We currently manufacture flocculants, coagulants, dispersants, scale inhibitors and metals removal polymers.
SNF offers anionic, nonionic, and cationic flocculants in dry powder, liquid emulsion, and liquid solution forms that are derived from different methods of polymerization.
- Dry Powders: Monomers are polymerized in a gel form. The gel obtained is then ground and dried. The main advantage of these products is the 100% activity.
- Liquid Emulsions: Monomers are emulsified in a solvent and then polymerized. At the end of polymerization, a surfactant is added (also called invertor or breaker) that makes the emulsion polymer readily dilutable in water. The main advantages of these products are their liquid form (ease of use) and increased performance on certain substrates due to their possible variations in specific molecular structure.
- Liquid Solutions: Monomers are polymerized at low concentration in aqueous solution. The main advantage with these products is the simplicity of use.
SNF supplies cationic, organic coagulants. Organic coagulants are usually in liquid form. Concentrations in activity range between 8 and 70%, with the most common concentrations of activity between 40 and 50%.
SNF also offers a range of specialty polycarboxylates available as dispersants that reduce bulk viscosity of high-solid slurries and to maintain stability of finely-divided particle dispersion. This is done by enhancing charge repulsion . Some of the uses for SNF dispersants include:
- Mineral slurries
- Pigment suspensions
- Drilling fluids (Oil & Gas production)
- Ore-in-Water slurries (iron, gold, etc…)
- Water-based paints
- High-performance ceramics
The formation of inorganic scales (e.g., CaCO3, CaSO4, BaSO4, etc…), is a frequent problem with water used in a variety of applications such as oil and gas, boilers, cooling towers, mining, and mineral processing. SNF provides chemicals classified as antiscalants, which inhibit scale formation generally through three separate mechanisms:
- Threshold Inhibition – by interfering with the growth of scale crystals. In this case, the antiscalant dosage is far below the normal stoichiometric amount ( i.e., a few parts per million can stabilize hundreds or thousands of times as many scale-forming ions).
- Dispersion – by dispersing particles. It prevents scale-forming particle from agglomerating and forming larger adherent particles.
- Chelation —by complexing inorganic ions stoichiometrically.
SNF understands that reduction in heavy metals is an important part of wastewater treatment in many municipal and industrial processes. SNF has developed and produced a line of products which are chelating agents designed and formulated to enhance the removal of heavy metals from waste streams via precipitation.
SNF features many products meeting the stringent requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Sanitation Foundation (NSF), and other globally recognized certifying institutions. These certifications include:
GRAS NSF Kosher Halal CFIA
Should you require products with any of the listed certifications or approvals, we ask that you contact your SNF Sales Representative for assistance.