SNF offers polycarboxylate products that were developed and tailored to the concrete, cement, grouts, adhesives, coatings, and waterproofing segments of the construction industry. These SNF products are provided in the form of polyacrylamides, superplasticizers, superabsorbents, rheology modifiers, and dispersants.
Our FLOSET™ line of products is used as the critical raw material for the formulation of high-range water-reducing admixtures such as superplasticizers.
In the area of cement and concrete applications, the technical advantages of the FLOSET™ polycarboxylates include:
- 3 to 6 times more efficient than traditional plasticizers
- High water reduction even at low dosage
- Improves slump retention
- Controls workability
- Faster and better placement
- Greater impermeability
- Increased concrete durability, uniformity, and strengths at all ages
- Does not contain chloride
SNF can adjust the performance and characteristics of these tailor-made grades by varying the:
- Nature of the monomers
- Ionic charge
- Molecular weight
- Steric hindrance
- Polymerization process
The FLOSPERSE™ line of dispersants contains both homopolymers as well as specialty copolymers of different compositions and various levels of molecular weights (2,000 to 100,000). The properties of these specialty copolymers can be engineered by properly selecting the monomers, their relative compositions, and control of the polymerization process. SNF provides both liquid and solid grades of polymer to meet the many different application needs: aqueous solutions of various concentrations and pH, as well as microbead solid form.
FLOSET™ TH series of liquid dispersion polymers (LDPs) for rheology modification and control
FLOSET™ powder polymers for rheology modification, lubrication, and sag resistance
The FLOSET™ GEL range of products represent injection systems based on two-component resins, organo-mineral, acrylic-based compounds. They also include formulations based on micro-cements.
FLOSET™ GEL has the following primary applications:
- Waterproofing injection in tunneling and mining projects
- Rock cavity filling
- Concrete crack sealing in dams, pits, and walls
- Parking deck waterproofing
- Sewer repair
- Water sealing in waste treatment plants
- Waterproofing and stabilization of soft grounds prior to excavation
- Waterproofing barriers in brick works
- Fire-resisting glass sheet production